Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vacation time ...music, friends and SBC-16

It's been two years since I've done this and am really looking forward
to my week on Delbert McClinton's Sandy Beaches Cruise
<www.delbert.com>. It is the 16th and supposedly last one - and it it
really is, this closes an amazing chapter for me that has contributed
immeasurably to my relationship with the music community. This is a
live music fan's dream - a pretty amazing week.

I'm headed to Florida today for some visiting with relatives, then
boarding the ms Ryndam on Sunday for a week of friends, music and
(hopefully) warm Caribbean weather. Might get a post up tonight or
tomorrow about Portland music, but this might be last post until I get
back ... but maybe not. Don't think I'll be posting from the cruise
(expensive to get online), but we'll see.

Y'all have a wonderful 10 days and I'll get back to more regular posts
the week of the 18th.

Get out to some live music!

- Jim

1 comment:

VLP said...

Jim, I don't know you personally, but I feel as though you are family simply because you are going & have gone on Delbert's cruises. I am leaving Saturday morning for my 8th consecutive & although it's be said it's the "grand finale", I am hopeful that there will be an encore (or three!) These cruises are like going home for me & I have enjoyed them more than I can adequately describe. The music, the comraderie, the ships---everything about them is beyond compare. I'd be happy if they stuck us out in the middle of the ocean with no port stops!!!

Hope we get to meet next week. If not, hope to see you post in the Delbert forum or in our weekly forum chats.

Take care and happy sailing!

VLP, Houston TX.