Friday, June 3, 2016

Great Minds....

Was at Casey Neil and Norway Rats/Eyelids show last night and thinking that it had been awhile since I or Jim had posted anything here...and lo and behold....what do I find now in my inbox?....So I'll add my two cents on some up coming shows....Monday, the 6th Sadies at the Star...it's been some time since the Good brothers have come this way with their beautiful tunes and Nudie suits!
On Tuesday the 7th, Isaac Frankle, alias Shovelman is doing a show at 8 PM at the Refuge, 116 SE Yamhill...watching this guy play a shovel is amazing!! Check him out on YouTube!
Wednesday brings Brian McPherson and Michael Dean Damron (I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch in the House will always be a fave band name..) at the Twilight Cafe on SE Powell.
Reina Collins, who used to live here but now resides in Florida will be visiting and playing Mississippi Pub on Friday, June 10.
My old pal, Jon Koonce at O'Connor's June 17, and also at O'Connor's on June 22, Lincoln Crockett will be in town...great musician and spiritual healer.
End of the month will bring the shows I am most excited about....my fave local band, Divers will be at Lake Oswego Festival of the Arts, Friday, June 24 at 8 PM...punk meets Springsteen with really smart lyrics..so good!!!!
And then John Doe will be at Doug Fir on the 28th, promoting his new solo album and book about LA punk scene, "Under the Big Black Sun".  He will be accompanied by our pals, Cindy Wasserman, DJ Bonebrake, Jesse Dayton.
...July...well let's just say if you need a date to Willie Nelson, I am available and the Alvin Brothers will be coming to the Old Church....can't wait!

No comments: