Monday, November 9, 2015

Thursday riches ... Thompson, Smither, and a Celtic house concert

Thursday is (to me at least) a day of very rich choices in live music ... Chris Smither with special guest Mary Flower at the Alberta Rose, and Richard Thompson at Revolution Hall are two "don't miss" shows.  But I'll miss both 'cause I'll be out of town ... making my choice very easy.

But there's also an excellent house concert at Abbie Weisenbloom's featuring Winifred Horan (fiddle), Johnny Connolly (Irish button accordion), Cary Novotny (guitar) ... seats were going fast, so check with Abbie to reserve a spot.

No excuses ... get out to a great show on Thursday!

    --Jim

And one I missed when I wrote this - CMA award winning Chris Stapleton (album of the year, male vocalist, and best new artist) at the Wonder Ballroom. There's not much I like coming out of mainstream Nashville - but this guy is the real deal.


No comments: