Saturday, March 2, 2013

Update from Pete Krebs..and info on more fundraisers

  1. An Update From Pete Krebs --
    Hello, everybody. It's been a little while since I had the time to check in with all y'all and get you up to date with what's going on with me.
    I had surgery 2 weeks ago, and am still in recovery from that. I ...won't go into the gory details (unless you really want me to), but let's just say it was humbling. I am regaining more and more movement daily (and am feeling better each day as well).
    The great news is that the biopsy results are in, and the surgery was successful in removing the tumor! According to my oncologist, the margins of the biopsy are clear of melanoma. This is the best possible news we could have received, and both Birdie and I were stunned to hear it. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts that most certainly helped us receive this result.
    As this is a chronic illness however, the future is still uncertain for me. I won't be able to say 'I'm cured!" or 'I'm in remission!", ever. I am, however, proud to join the ranks of those who fight their cancer with scrappy fortitude and the greatest of optimism. I am grateful for the many opportunities this illness is providing me to deepen my awareness and compassion.
    There are two upcoming benefit shows for me here in Portland, on March 14th and 15th, at the Laurelthirst Public House (http://www.facebook.com/events/436245026453460/). Both nights have a great lineup of music, and I hope you can attend. We are also still fundraising through the Jeremy Wilson Foundation (http://thejwf.org/category/musician-grant-funds/). I would also ask you to consider a direct donation to the Foundation itself, to help with future support for members of Portland's musical community.
    There will also be an article in Sunday's (tomorrow's) Oregonian, with interviews with both Jeremy and I, focusing on the JWF.
    February was a tough one. Thank you ALL for the love and support you've shown my family and I. It is the greatest of gifts, and we are so humbly grateful.
    I'll be back in touch when I can, with hopefully some more good news. Please feel free to pass this along.
    PK

No comments: