Thursday, December 27, 2012

The end is nigh...

...well, the Xmas musicals and live versions of It's a Wonderful Life have been put to bed for the season, so back to real music...
Saturday it's Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons and Truckstop Darlin' at the Mississippi Studios....depending upon what my friend Deb decides, I may have a free ticket for that show...so stay in touch..
New Year's Eve I will be helping the reunited Dan Reed Network ring in 2013 (and looking at pictures of Dan's new son, I'm sure...), but there are so many choices....the other tops of my list would be Lost Lander at the Backspace (which is desperately trying to raise some money to keep the doors open on one of the few all ages venues), or Patrick Lamb and Tommy Thayer (y'know, formerly of local band Black and Blue and now with that other little combo, Kiss...) at the Governor. 
So much already in the new year - Ken Stringfellow at Mississippi Studios, Jan. 21, a Feb. 1 surprise that I cannot reveal quite yet, but think LA punk....Feb. 26, Patti Smith at the Crystal and Feb. 27, Dave Alvin at the Aladdin.
Happy 'effin New Year!!!

No comments: