Monday, January 16, 2012

The other one will slip in here while Jim prepares to go to New Orleans, where he will be too busy listening to music than writing about it....oh, yeah, and teaching occasionally....
Tuesday at the White Eagle, Brad Creel and the Real Deal will play at 8:30 PM.  They were referred to in last week's Willamette Week as "amusing Americana"....and they play real good, too....
Paula Sinclair will be at Duff's Garage for a solo gig from 6-8 PM (although Kenny Sawyer will be accompanying her, on drums, I presume...) She hasn't done a solo gig in a while, so she needs our love and support.  Her recent work on the Joni Mitchell songbook is really amazing.
Chris Mayther will play Sip d'Vine on the 28th at 7 PM.  One of our finest soul and blues singers...
For those of us who rock on...Concrete Blonde at The Star and Fitz and the Tantrums at the Roseland on January 24th...you can hop back and forth across the street, but use the crosswalks!....and then, my personal gods and fellow Chicagoans, Wilco, Feb. 8....I can hardly contain myself!!  I love Jeff Tweedy and I will not apologize for my obsession...









No comments: