Friday, June 24, 2011

Sub Blogger....

Yes, I will try my best to fill in while Jim is off sunning himself in Florida...
I will be heading over to see Ms. Duffy at the Alberta Rose...right after (beware, non-music plug here) the show I am costuming, "Looking for Normal" opens at Theatre!Theatre! at 3430 SE Belmont. It runs until July 17; go to jane-a-theater-company.org for more info....a little brag since I am now officially an award winning costume designer (thank you PAMTA! - Portland Area Music Theater Awards)
I will be working the Music Millennium booth at the Blues Festival, so drop on by and say howdy. My personal highlights so far are Lucinda Williams, Maceo and Buddy Guy, but there are always surprises - like the year I discovered Willy Nelson's boy, Lukas!! I may not post in advance, but will reprise what I was able to hear hopefully when I get home. The schedule is in today's Oregonian and it's going right into my purse so I have it close by.
On July 8, J.Roddy Walston and The Business play Dante's - greasy, rockin' good time music!
And best of all - DROPKICK MURPHYS at the Roseland on June 28 - I love these shows - drunk, east of the Mississippi, Irish, working class boys and girls and not a hipster or hippy in sight!! It's loud, boisterous and not for the faint of heart - everything I want my rock n' roll to be..

No comments: