That said, this is going to be short . . . check out other good sources - Willamette Week, Oregonian, the OPB music blog, etc . . . . links to the right. And check the summer park show schedules throughout the area - links are here and here.
A few things I'll note are:
- Dirty Martini is doing a free noon show at Pioneer Courthouse Square on Thursday.
- Miller's Cave (Chris, Ian and Lisa Miller as a trio!) will be at the White Eagle for happy hour on Thursday.
- Amelia and Jim Brunberg at the Kruger Farm Market Thursday concert series on Sauvie Island.
- It's a Freak Mountain Ramblers Freak Fest! weekend at the 7th annual Americana Music Festival at the McMenamin's Grand Lodge in Forest Grove. Runs Thursday through Saturday. A definite groovy time to be had by all.
- Weinland at the Doug Fir on Friday night.
- The Bite of Oregon all weekend at Waterfront Park . . . great music choices - predominantly locals this year, but including (former local) Tracy Grammer & Jim Henry on Sunday afternoon . . . with Paula Sinclair opening for them. Fine music.
- Also Sunday afternoon is James Low and Michael Dean Damron at the Doug Fir's Pickin' on Sunday series.
- Up from Texas, Reckless Kelly will be at the Doug Fir on Monday night.