Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Richard Julian @ The Cave on Aug 31

I'm a little early with this one, but want to get it on your radar. I'll send another reminder next week. This is a show I'd like to get as many folks out to as I can, as it's a show I've helped set up . . . but more importantly, I think it's going to be a wonderfully entertaining evening of music.

Richard Julian, one of New York's finest singer/songwriters is coming to Portland for performance in the intimate confines of The Cave on Sunday, August 31st at 8 PM. Insightful, observant, smart and wry are just a few of the adjectives used to describe Julian's songwriting . . . enthusiastic fans of his work include Randy Newman, Bonnie Raitt and Norah Jones (with whom he performs as a member of The Little Willies). Possessing both fine voice and guitar chops, his tunes incorporate folk, jazz, country and blues influences. This is a very special opportunity to hear not only a great songwriter, but a warm and engaging performer.

Tickets at the door are $10. The Cave is one of Portland's newest and coolest venues and is located on the campus of Portland State University below the Green Onion restaurant at the corner of SW Jackson and Broadway. Seating at The Cave is limited and they don't sell advance tickets. Richard sold out Mississippi Studios the last time he visited in February, so get there early.

Here's a video of Richard at Joe's Pub in NYC:



BTW . . . when I was in NY earlier this month, the only show I got out to was Richard and The Little Willies at the Living Room. I've been slow, but I'll post some thoughts about the show and a couple of photos soon . . .

No comments: